If you are interested in getting a dog or cat in the Fort Mill SC area, consider checking with the Humane Society of York County located in Fort Mill SC. The HSYC is a “no-kill” shelter. Pet adoption from the shelter is rewarding to the community, shelter, pet, and you.
More Shelter info:
Financial assistance to the HSYC is desperately needed! The Humane Society of York County, serving Fort Mill, Rock Hill and surrounding areas, receives NO funding from York County, the state of South Carolina, or any animal welfare organization. The sole source of funds for the HSYC is donations from local residents/businesses. The future of the Humane Society of York County depends on the public, please help us continue to help the homeless animals.
If you can not adopt a pet please consider a donation to the shelter. Here is HSYC ‘s donation wish list
- Cat Litter and Small Litter Pans (not clumping type)
- Kitten Chow (Purina) & Puppy Chow (Purina)
- Purina Dog & Cat Chow
- Canned Puppy and Kitten Food
- KMR Kitten or Puppy Milk Replacer Formula (dry formula in can available at Petsmart)
- Pine-Sol and Bleach
- Old Towels, Blankets and Sheets
- 55 gallon garbage bags
- Metal Bowls
- Dog and Cat Toys
- Dog and Cat Treats
- Cat Beds
- Laundry and Dish Detergent
- Paper towels
- Soft baby blankets & Fleece to make little blankets
- Moist towelettes or wipes (like Wet Ones)
HSYC Shelter is located at 2036 Carolina Place Fort Mill, SC.
Directions From I-77, Exit 85, take Hwy. 160 West towards Tega Cay. Turn right at the first stop light onto Carolina Place (Same road as BP, Lowes & Chick-fil-a.). The shelter is down on the right at 2036 Carolina Place, Fort Mill, S.C.
- Tuesday – Friday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The shelters website: