The Tega Cay Parks and Recreation website has been updated with new information for the “Central Bark” dog park. The dog park was relocated to New Gray Rock Road.
The dog park is approx. 6,000 sq. ft. and has both open space and trees. There are benches as well as
New rules have been adopted to keep the park and users safe. Here are some of the new rules:
- Hours: 7:00 AM- Sunset daily
- No Animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
- Current rabies tags must be worn on dog’s collar at all times.
- Current dog license tag must be worn on dog’s collar at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed until safely inside of fenced area and then returned to
their leash before exiting the fenced area. Owners must have one leash per dog.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the
park. Owners must be in view of their dog(s) with voice control at all times.
- Dog owners must be 18 years or older to enter the fenced area. Children
accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years old
to enter the fenced area. Spectators should remain outside of the fenced area.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must
immediately leash and remove their dog(s) at the first sign of aggressive, hostile,
or combative behavior.
- Owners must dispose of waste in appropriate on-site containers. Failure to do
so may result is dog park privileges being revoked.
- While small, bite-sized training treats are permitted, food in bowls, long lasting
chews or glass containers are prohibited.
- Smoking and eating are not permitted inside of the “dog park”. Cigarette butts
and wrappers are tempting and unhealthy for dogs.
- Sick or injured dog(s) are not allowed. Owners of dog(s) with a known illness/
injury or displaying sick or injured behavior are required to remove their dog(s)
from the park immediately.
- No more than two (2) dogs are permitted per person on any single visit.
- Puppies less than four (4) months old are not permitted inside the park.
You will have to purchase a “Pooch Pass” to use the dog park. The pass is $25 a year which includes your Tega cay dog license. Each additional dog is $10. To apply for the pass go to the Tega Cay Administration building. For more information here is a link to the Parks and Rec website
Deborah Storin says
I live in Baxter and interested in obtaining a Pooch Pass to the park for my 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Can I do this online?